This is a very basic overview of e-cigarettes (also known as Personal Vaporizers).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Evapers.com.
What is an E-cigarette?
Above is a diagram of the parts of an e-cigarette. It consists of a battery, which produces a low warm heat in an atomizer, which turns the e-juice inside the cartridge into a vapor. The e-cigarette is activated when the user draws on it, just like a regular cigarette. The e-cigarette provide the user with a vapor, which looks like smoke, but is actually the same “smoke” you get in a dance club or theater from a “smoke” machine. It has been shown to be harmless and safe for use in public, however it gives the e-cigarette user the same sensation as smoking a regular cigarette.
E-cigarettes can also contain nicotine. The nicotine is also vaporized and inhaled by the e-smoker. This gives the e-smoker the dose of nicotine they would get from a regular cigarette, and takes away the cravings from not using conventional cigarettes.
Why should I use an E-cigarette?
* E-cigarettes provide an alternative to conventional cigarettes.
* e-cigarettes DO NOT have all of the 4,000 chemicals, many cancer causing, found in regular cigarettes
* e-cigarettes can contain nicotine, enabling a smoker to switch without any withdrawal cravings.
* Or a smoker can choose to not use nicotine, with nicotine free e-juice, helping them break the nicotine addition without the added burden of having to break the habit of “lighting up”.
* e-cigarettes do not smell or smoke up a room like regular cigarettes. The vapor given off is like the steam from your kettle and the aroma is about the strength of herbal tea.
* e-cigarettes can be used just about anywhere. Since they do not produce smoke, they do not violate any anti-smoking laws. There is NO second hand smoke.
* e-cigarettes are much CHEAPER than regular cigarettes. A $20 30ml bottle of refilling e-juice can last a pack a day smoker for 3 weeks!!
What should I start with?
To start, it's best to buy a starter kit. These contain 2 batteries, one or two atomizers, a charger, 5 cartridges and an instruction manual. These kits are ready to vape right out of the box.
Take a look at our Personal Vaporizer page
Evapers.com suggest that you also purchase a bottle of e-juice. The cartridges that come with the kit do not last long. But with a bottle of e-juice you are able to refill them, by dripping e-juice into them, and reusing them. One 30 ml bottle of e-juice should last a pack a day former smoker, 2-3 weeks.
What is e-juice?
E-juice is the substance put in the e-cigarette to produce the smoke-like vapor. It is a mixture of between 1 and 3 substances:
1) Propylene Glycol – despite the technical sounding name, this is a very common and safe substance. It is used in food preparation, toothpaste, mouthwash and deodorant sticks. Right now, it's a sure thing you have already consumed it and applied it to your body. Propylene Glycol serves as the base for e-juice and produces the vapor “smoke” in an e-cigarette, exactly the same way a “smoke” machine in a dance club does.
2) Nicotine – E-juice doesn't have to contain nicotine. Nicotine is preferred by those who are already smokers and wish to quick cigarettes. Using nicotine in the e-juice takes away the cravings of not having a cigarette. E-juice is often specified at 12mg, 28mg or whatever. This is the amount of nicotine in mg in ml of e-juice. The higher the number the stronger, nicotine wise the e-juice is.
3) Flavoring – E-juice with propylene glycol and nicotine or without nicotine, has no real flavor. For this reason flavoring is added to the e-juice. The flavoring that is used, is the same type that is used in baking and candy production. It all has been proven safe for human consumption. There are a wide range of flavors from cherry to a flavor that is like a normal cigarette.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime!